COVID-19 Changes to Volunteer Advising Program
- Many organizations, governments, and localities have suspended operations and have canceled most group gatherings, but there are still ways to support community orgaizations. Consider these remote options.
- Until further notice, we have paused our volunteer advising service because we cannot offer in person volunteer opportunities in order to comply with the University's COVID-19 safety policies. There are a number of remote/virtual volunteer opportunities through the 2020 Summer of EngageMNT experience we are offering in partnership with the Office of Public engagement. This initiative provides opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students from across the University of Minnesota system to take action and respond to the present and emerging needs of Minnesota communities impacted by COVID-19 and the aftermath of George Floyd's killing. To learn more or speak to someone, please contact Jessica Proskin (email@example.com).
The Center for Community-Engaged Learning offers advising to students and student groups who want to volunteer at organizations outside the University of Minnesota. We will connect you to the Twin Cities community by guiding you through opportunities that match your interests, values, and goals.
Our advisors will draw on their own volunteer experiences and their knowledge of approximately 300 off-campus nonprofits. Get started by following these easy steps below.
1. Fill out the volunteer interest form. **If you can't see the form you need to log into your UofM account. You can open another tab and log into your UofM account and then refresh this tab. If you are logged into other gmail accounts, you might also have to log out of those accounts. **
2. Schedule an appointment with an advisor. Once you submit the form you will be prompted with a calendar link.
3. Attend your advising appointment.
4. Contact the organizations you learned about in your appointment.
We always recommend an appointment for the best fit, but our Community Partners map below is available to explore any time.
Are you new to volunteering or new to the U.S.? Learn more about volunteering in the U.S.
Search for Our Partners
What to Expect at a Volunteer Advising Appointment
Community Partners Disclaimer
Inclusion of an organization on this list does not indicate endorsement by the University of the organization's mission, practices, views, or information included in the organization's linked websites.
While the Center for Community Engaged Learning (CCEL) strives to include only organizations that operate in a safe and non-discriminatory manner, the University makes no representations or warranties regarding those opportunities or organizations not controlled or administered by the University. However, all CCEL partner organizations have verified that the engagement opportunities they offer to students are in compliance with the University of Minnesota Board of Regents policy on Equity, Diversity, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
The University shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
The University cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any conditions, hazards or risks, or for any related personal injuries or property damage arising directly or indirectly from an individual's participation in activities of these organizations.
Please investigate opportunities and organizations thoroughly before committing, and share any questions or concerns with CCEL staff.