Welcome to the University of Minnesota! Once you've been placed at the U of M, our coordinators will help you register for classes, direct you to housing resources, and facilitate your orientation. We'll be here to guide you in your new adventure.
Info about the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- U of M homepage
- Take a virtual tour of campus
- U of M academic calendar
- On-campus and off-campus housing options (but don't apply until we tell you to!)
- Get involved with our many student groups
- U of M Bookstore
- Check out our college radio station, Radio K
- Read our school newspaper, the Minnesota Daily
- Read about the arts on campus
- Gopher Sports (for watching) and Rec Sports (for playing)
- Volunteer with a community organization in the Twin Cities
- Coffman Memorial Union is the U of M Student Union, a gathering place with lots of news, updates, events and services for students
- Resources for LGBTQIA+ students
- Resources for international students
- Mental health resources
- Disability services
Info about the Twin Cities and the rest of Minnesota
- There are many art museums and galleries in the Twin Cities.
- The Twin Cities has a thriving theatre, music, and dance scene. In fact, Minneapolis is second only to New York City in the number of theaters per capita!
- Don't let tales of winter woes scare you off! Check out our weather for yourself.
- Learn about public transportation options in the Twin Cities.
- Check out Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) for news and culture from around the state and the world.
- See the Newcomers Guide from Mpls/St. Paul magazine
- Check out our two largest newspapers, the StarTribune and the Pioneer Press.
- The Twin Cities: Past and Present
- The Twin Cities also hosts several pro-sports teams:
- There are thousands of miles of hiking and biking trails in Minnesota.
- And don't miss the many fairs and festivals in Minnesota, including: